Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First Volley

Altar 1

Altar 2

Altar 3

First thing. Images made late last year, and hopefully the beginning of a series. They hang as a triptych, and are twenty four inches by forty eight inches, and seven inches deep. Pine, roofing tar, oilsticks, candles, the bible, jars, dirt, urine and rope. Oh the fun of being out of art school and recycling props from old art projects.

I think of myself as the analog photomanipulation, I find objects and make lots of really bad stuff, recycling things that stick with me from them, until they come together in something more concrete. Something I'm happy with.

I'm going to start with older pieces that I am documenting and keep uploading new things along with it. New art, visual. Words. And the fleshing out or discussion of ideas for both. I hope you'll stick around for the undertaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment